RFR : 8139965:Hang seen when using com.sun.jndi.ldap.search.replyQueueSize

Seán Coffey sean.coffey at oracle.com
Fri Aug 5 15:46:25 UTC 2016

Sorry - cc'ed the wrong Pavel earlier. Corrected.

I thought the consumer/producer model was best served by delegating to
the BlockingQueue. Is there a need to synchronize as a result ?

The 80% logic is only implemented in the rare case where the
com.sun.jndi.ldap.search.replyQueueSize ldap context property is set. It
seems to be legacy behaviour from the old code where the reader thread
was paused at 80% capacity. Setting the BlockingQueue to the same '80%'
size should have the same net effect.

Regards,
Sean.