[9] RFR 8170769: Provide a simple hexdump facility for binary data

Bernd Eckenfels ecki at zusammenkunft.net
Sat Dec 10 20:29:48 UTC 2016

Hello,
i would agree that a hexdumper is too specific for java.base module.
But what about hex encoding and parsing (similiar to java.util.Base64. Since java.xml.bind is no longer in the base modules an alternative for DataTypeConverter in SE is missing.

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 9:13 PM +0100, "Roger Riggs" <Roger.Riggs at oracle.com> wrote:

Hi Vinnie,

I think this doesn't belong in the java.base module;  it doesn't add
enough value for a average developer
and it is not essential to the core.  I don't have another module
suggestion but would suggest
looking elsewhere.

$.02, Roger