RFR:JDK-8160681:LocalDate.ofEpochDay input validation

Roger Riggs Roger.Riggs at Oracle.com
Fri Jul 1 13:38:22 UTC 2016

Hi Stephen,

I'm a bit puzzled by the values recommended for the EpochDay Range.
The code should be commented with the computation relative to the range
of year MIN/MAX
so there is a more complete understanding.
I would expect the MIN to be the negative of the MAX or pretty close.
Are the new values defined to avoid overflow in some computation?

Changing the valid range of values has a (nearly insignificant)
compatibility risk.

Thanks, Roger