RFR(S): 8161212: Test times out: java/lang/invoke/LoopCombinatorLongSignatureTest.java

Claes Redestad claes.redestad at oracle.com
Mon Jul 18 10:57:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 2016-07-13 15:12, Michael Haupt wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> please review this fix.
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mhaupt/8161212/webrev.00/

fix looks OK, but I'm genuinely curious about best practice when it
comes to pass arguments to jtreg tests. How do I even pass -run to the
actual test?

Naively System properties seems easier and possibly less fragile
(assuming tests aren't run with a very strict security policy somewhere
so that we'd have to pair the test with the associated permissions):

jtreg ... -Djava.lang.invoke.LoopCombinatorLongSignatureTest.run
java/lang/invoke/LoopCombinatorLongSignatureTest.java

boolean run =
System.getProperty("java.lang.invoke.LoopCombinatorLongSignatureTest.run")
!= null;

Thanks!

/Claes