RFR (JAXP): 8162598 XSLTC transformer swallows empty namespace declaration which is needed to undeclare default namespace

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Thu Jul 28 13:10:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

please review my change for the XSLT namespace issue.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8162598.1/

The issue has already been discussed in this thread: http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2016-July/042525.html

Apart from the real fix in LiteralElement.java, method translate(), I've done some further cleanups in a few places. @Joe: The cleanups collide with some places of your proposed change for https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8158084 where we'd like to do the same things. So we'll have to synchronize on pushing.

I've also enhanced the test case "TransformerTest" and added a method which does a regression test for the bug reported.

Thanks in advance for reviewing.

Best regards
Christoph