RFR (JAXP): 8162598 XSLTC transformer swallows empty namespace declaration which is needed to undeclare default namespace

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Thu Jul 28 15:05:43 UTC 2016

Hi Daniel,

thanks for reviewing. Here my comments:

> Looks good in general, even though the idiom
>    if (existing instanceof Stack<?>)
> caught my eye.
I didn't like it either but found no better way to get rid of the warnings. If you have a better idea here, let me know :)

> Thanks for the new test! I wonder if it should be
> made more strict - with a golden record of the expected
> results.
>
> In particular, to check that the xmlns="" in element
> <c> is removed only when it should.
> Before your fix, it was always removed, even when it
> should not have!

Well, I could String-compare the generated XML result with the blueprint - but I thought using the DOM API to query for the expected namespaces would be more resilient to future changes or platform specifics. But, as above, if you have suggestions on how it could be done better, I would love to refactor my test.

Best
Christoph