JAXP default implementation and JDK-8152063

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Thu Mar 24 16:09:23 UTC 2016

On 03/22/2016 08:59 AM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
> Would adding a method that resolves the concrete service
> implementation against a Layer supplied by the caller be
> of any help in your scenario?

I think I misunderstood this when you asked it.  You mean let the Layer
have a hand in looking up the service?  I'm not clear if that's you mean
by "resolve the concrete service implementation" though.

If the Layer of the module of the class calling the
newInstance/newFactory/etc. method could somehow be consulted in service
resolution decisions, that would definitely solve the problem because
our container Layers could refer to the default implementation we
provide, unless the TCCL overrides it.  This would in fact be an ideal
solution since we could throw away this horrible proxy layer.
--
- DML