JAXP default implementation and JDK-8152063

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Mar 24 16:26:05 UTC 2016

On 24/03/2016 16:09, David M. Lloyd wrote:
> :
>
> If the Layer of the module of the class calling the
> newInstance/newFactory/etc. method could somehow be consulted in
> service resolution decisions, that would definitely solve the problem
> because our container Layers could refer to the default implementation
> we provide, unless the TCCL overrides it.  This would in fact be an
> ideal solution since we could throw away this horrible proxy layer.
There is a new ServiceLoader.load method that uses a Layer as context so
that you can iterate over the service providers in a module layer and
its parents. It is intended for cases like this. JAXP is not using this
yet but it could do, we even have an issue tracking an investigation
into that.

-Alan