RFR: 8189102: All tools should support -?, -h and --help

Kumar Srinivasan kumar.x.srinivasan at oracle.com
Fri Dec 1 14:41:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

Besides my private comments to you, there are 2-3 internal tests
which fail.

Have you run all the langtools tests ? There are 4 Windows tests
that fail with langtools:

jdk/javadoc/doclet/testHelpOption/TestHelpOption.java
jdk/javadoc/tool/CheckResourceKeys.java
jdk/javadoc/tool/ToolProviderTest.java
tools/javap/InvalidOptions.java
tools/jdeps/MultiReleaseJar.java

This changeset needs to be vetted thoroughly using internal build and
test systems.
Any Oracle engineer willing to sponsor this ?

Kumar