MR JarFile was: Scanning multi version jars?

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Sep 15 10:37:22 UTC 2017

On 15/09/2017 05:43, Greg Wilkins wrote:

> :
>
> The issue I have are that sometimes the class is trying to hide the MR
> aspects, yet other times it is not.   Specifically when iterating it
> returns JarEntry instances that ignore versions and always return the
> content to which they refer, yet if you obtain a JarEntry from the
> getJarEntry API, it behaves differently and may return the versioned
> content even if it has the un-versioned path.
The entries and stream methods have been discussed here several times.
The conclusion was that they would continue to enumerate or return a
stream over all entries in the JAR file.  A new versionedStream() method
was proposed and I agree is needed, it just didn't make it into Java SE
9. Now might be the time to put it back on the table.

-Alan