RFR 8206955 MethodHandleProxies.asInterfaceInstance does not support default methods

Remi Forax forax at univ-mlv.fr
Wed Jul 11 15:31:09 UTC 2018

----- Mail original -----

Hi Peter,
not with the current LambdaMetaFactory, the LambdaMetaFactory only accept some kind of method handles (constant method calls) not all kind of method handles.

That said the current implementation of MethodHandleProxies is very raw and not very efficient, we should use the same idea as the lambda meta factory i.e spin an anonymous class and use the mechanism of constant patching offer by unsafe.defineAnonymousClass to inject the method handle into proxy so it will work with any method handle.

For each interface, you should cache the bytecode of the anonymous class you want to load and use defineAnonymousClass with the method handle each time asInterfaceInstance is called.

cheers,
Rémi