RFR(M) : 8211171 : move JarUtils to top-level testlibrary

Igor Ignatyev igor.ignatyev at oracle.com
Wed Sep 26 23:38:39 UTC 2018

here is the webrevs w/ JarUtils from default package inserted into jdk.test.lib.util.JarUtils:
whole patch: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8211171/webrev.01/index.html <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8211171/webrev.01/index.html>
> 655 lines changed: 239 ins; 355 del; 61 mod;
incremental: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8211171/webrev.0-1/index.html <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8211171/webrev.0-1/index.html>
> 476 lines changed: 239 ins; 203 del; 34 mod;

doing that, I noticed that both updateJarFile and createJarFile don't close Stream<Path> from Files::find, the current patch fixes that.

-- Igor

> On Sep 26, 2018, at 2:25 PM, Igor Ignatyev <igor.ignatyev at oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> it appears that I have to put into a named package as the jaxp test which uses it is in a named package.
> although I don't want to group simple moving and more sophisticated test conversion for the sake of reviewers, also there is another "duplicate" of JarUtils in test/jdk/lib/testlibrary/java/util/jar/JarBuilder.java. I'd prefer to "merge" all three instances together, where merge might be implemented as conversion of tests.
> so as an intermediate step, I propose to move all the methods of JarUtils into jdk.test.lib.util.JarUtils.
> Thanks,
> -- Igor
>> On Sep 26, 2018, at 1:11 PM, Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman at oracle.com> wrote:
>> On 26/09/2018 19:16, Igor Ignatyev wrote:
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8211171/webrev.00/index.html
>> Looks good but maybe it should be put into a named package (see below).
>>> :
>>> please note, there is another version of JarUtils in jdk.test.lib.util package, but these two versions have different signatures and behavior, merging them is a bit tricker and will be done separately.
>> The JarUtils that are moving today to test/lib is one that I added as test infrastructure some time ago. I don't where test/lib/jdk/test/lib/util/JarUtils.jav came from but it seems less useful. It makes me wonder if it would be better to just convert tests rather than merging. A few convenience methods added to the JarUtils you are moving would make that easier.
>> -Alan

More information about the core-libs-dev mailing list