RFR: 8229485: Add decrementExact(), incrementExact(), and negateExact() to java.lang.StrictMath

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Wed Aug 14 19:21:18 UTC 2019

Hi Joe,

On 14/08/2019 20:15, Joe Wang wrote:
> The 2nd part is not necessary as that's what the "@throws" tag is for.

Not withstanding the fact that this is a copy of the API doc from
java.lang.Math, I'd argue that the second part is quite important.
It's why the method is called exact, and is probably the only
reason why you would call that method in the first place.
So I think the 2nd part must be in the synopsis too.

best regards,

-- daniel

On 8/14/19 9:01 AM, Julia Boes wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > This fix adds decrementExact(), incrementExact(), and negateExact()
to java.lang.StrictMath. The methods were added to java.lang.Math
previously [1] and should have been added to java.lang.StrictMath for
consistency.