RFR: JDK-8233270: Add support to jtreg helpers to unpack packages

Alexey Semenyuk alexey.semenyuk at oracle.com
Fri Dec 6 17:55:47 UTC 2019

Initially the work was focused on [2] issue to fix icons assignment for
launchers created by jpackage.
In the process of working on the fix for [2] it turned out jpackage test
framework was lacking functionality to cover the fix in an environment
where installation of packages produced by jpackage is not possible.
This gap was filled with the patch for [1].
The amount of work to fix [1] outweighed [2], so [1] became primary fix
in this bundle.

Fixes can be decoupled and pushed as an independent patches. This will
require extra effort though. Would this be a better option?

- Alexey