jpackage: file-associations report wrong argument count

Daniel Peintner daniel.peintner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 07:45:00 UTC 2019

All,

I tried to use jpackage file-associations option to associate a given
extension. This works fine. The program gets launched with the given
argument (e.g., double clicking file on Windows).

I have noticed though that the argument may be split due to possible
whitespaces in the filename.

e.g., clicking on file C:\foo.xyz works fine but C:\part1 part2.xyz gets
broken up into 2 arguments.
It looks the argument needs to be wrapped in quotes so that a Java program
gets the right argument:

["C:\part1 part2.xyz"]
instead of
["C:\part1", "part2.xyz"]
as currently reported.

Note: This used to work in the case of the "old" javapackager.

Is this a known issue? I did not find a related issue here [1]

Thanks,

-- Daniel

[1] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/issues/?filter=37667