RFR 8213031: (zipfs) Add support for POSIX file permissions

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sat Jan 12 14:00:40 UTC 2019

On 12/01/2019 13:02, Langer, Christoph wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> as I did not hear back from you I continued to work on the POSIX file permission support for zipfs and specified/implemented the value of 'null' for zip entries with no permission information associated (vs. UnsupportedOperationException).

I will try to get time next week to reply to you on this. Part of the
issue with your current approach is that it breaks PosixFileAttribtues.
There are also issues trying to force the API to optionally support a
subset of POSIX attributes on some zip entries and not on others. So
several issues that will need consideration.

-Alan