RFR 8213031: (zipfs) Add support for POSIX file permissions

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Mon Jan 14 07:52:46 UTC 2019

Hi Alan,

> I will try to get time next week to reply to you on this. Part of the
> issue with your current approach is that it breaks PosixFileAttribtues.
> There are also issues trying to force the API to optionally support a
> subset of POSIX attributes on some zip entries and not on others. So
> several issues that will need consideration.

Thanks in advance for your work. Well, I can see that we could also support users/groups with zip files, which is also implemented in InfoZIP. Or we might add a Sub-Interface like PosixPermissionAttributes/PosixPermissionAttributesView. However, in any case, we have to find a way to deal with the optionality of any POSIX attributes in zip files.

So, let's see what you come up with ��

/Christoph