RFR: JDK-8231910: Expose the APPDIR variable to applications that use jpackage

Andy Herrick andy.herrick at oracle.com
Tue Oct 8 20:21:30 UTC 2019

On 10/8/2019 3:33 PM, Alexey Semenyuk wrote:
> Andy,
>
> AbstractAppImageBuilder.java: is extra ` + File.separator` by intention?
this was just trying to be consistent - doesn't matter to native code
who is only one to see this value - but I should probably change back.

> WinMsiBundler.java: static cache will be a potential problem if
> jpackage will be used as tool provider, i.e. in scenario when jpackage
> will be called multiple times per jvm session.

??

it is only the versions of the tool that is static.

you think app will use ToolProvider to call jpackage, then wait while
user installs new version of WIX on system, then app will use
ToolProvider again ?

I suppose that is possible.

Anyway - the code to get the wix tools version only once is not really a
part of this fix, just triggered by your desire to print out all of the
usage text from candle and light when getting their version with
--verbose option.

So I can remove that from this fix.

/Andy