RFR: JDK-8238225: Issues reported after replacing symlink at Contents/MacOS/libjli.dylib with binary

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Wed Feb 5 10:17:36 UTC 2020

Hi,

we've tested the patch and all reported failure scenarios we're aware of are fixed with that, so basically, ship it ��

As for the code review part:
The patch I've tested had removed the "-1" in line 532, so that seems to be correct. As Magnus wrote, the pattern seems to be copied from the lines above. So I think in line 518, subtracting -1 from "sizeOfLastPathComponent" seems to be incorrect as well. So it could be corrected in the same fix, I guess.

And there's one other minor thing: I tried to execute JliLaunchTest for the bundle scenario and had to make some adaptions to the example call to "make test-only ..." in line 66 of test/jdk/tools/launcher/JliLaunchTest.java. I guess the example could be more generic if it were changed to:

66                 // $ make test-only TEST=test/jdk/tools/launcher/JliLaunchTest.java \
67                 //     JDK_IMAGE_DIR=$PWD/images/jdk-bundle/jdk-15.jdk/Contents/Home

(e.g. use relative paths inside the build directory)

Thanks
Christoph