RFR: 8239563 - Reduce public exports in dynamic libraries built from static JDK libraries

Bob Vandette bob.vandette at oracle.com
Wed Feb 26 13:29:14 UTC 2020

Thanks but I don’t like that idea for several reasons.

1. It’s too dramatic of a change for the immediate problem I’m trying to solve.

2. It creates a support issue.  Every time a new native function is added or removed, we’d have several files
that would need to be updated (1 per OS type).

3. How do we know which functions to export.  The VM sometimes needs to get access to internal native
functions that are not accessible via java native methods.

I prefer the option where we can override the definition of JNIEXPORT.

Bob.