RFR: 8248695: HostLocaleProviderAdapterImpl provides invalid date-only

Joe Wang huizhe.wang at oracle.com
Mon Jul 13 22:55:42 UTC 2020

Hi Naoto,

Would it make sense to provide an additional test using the public APIs
similar to the one provided in the bug report? I'm sure yours is correct
and covers more cases than the original, but it would be nice to have an
actual use case and use the public APIs. The report showed it was failed
somewhere down the stream than when it is run against the current build,
which produces IAE "Too many pattern letters: a" instead of what's reported.

HostLocaleProviderAdapter_md:849 - 865: may be compacted into one if
statement, (bCal && getCalendarInfoWrapper(...) ||
getLocaleInfoWrapper(...)).

Regards,
Joe