RFR: 8248695: HostLocaleProviderAdapterImpl provides invalid date-only

naoto.sato at oracle.com naoto.sato at oracle.com
Tue Jul 14 02:01:06 UTC 2020

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your review.

On 7/13/20 3:55 PM, Joe Wang wrote:
> Hi Naoto,
>
> Would it make sense to provide an additional test using the public APIs
> similar to the one provided in the bug report? I'm sure yours is correct
> and covers more cases than the original, but it would be nice to have an
> actual use case and use the public APIs. The report showed it was failed
> somewhere down the stream than when it is run against the current build,
> which produces IAE "Too many pattern letters: a" instead of what's
> reported.

I am not quite sure I got your suggestion, but the test case uses the
same API as in the bug report (LocaleProviders.java, line 421-428) that
are supposed to catch two cases, i.e.,
ofLocalizedDate()/ofLocalizedTime() tests catch "unsupported temporal
field" exception, such as HourOfDay, and ofLocalizedDateTime() catches
"Too many pattern letters: aa" which you saw in (possibly) en_US locale.
To make it clearer, I added some comments to it.

> HostLocaleProviderAdapter_md:849 - 865: may be compacted into one if
> statement, (bCal && getCalendarInfoWrapper(...) ||
> getLocaleInfoWrapper(...)).

Quite right. Modified.

The updated webrev is located at:

https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~naoto/8248695/webrev.01/