Format for JDK 6/7 changeset comments?

Kelly O'Hair Kelly.Ohair at Sun.COM
Tue Nov 6 17:03:01 UTC 2007

I agree.

The more you put in the changeset comment, the higher the odds that there will
be mistakes in those comments, mistakes that can NEVER be corrected.
I favor keeping it short and sweet, and use the bug database for all other information.
A place that can be corrected and added to over time.

Of course the bug database needs to refer to the changeset, which IS the true
source of the change. Any webrevs and diffs in the bug database should probably be
removed once a changeset is public, or perhaps multiple changesets depending on how
many it takes to really fix a bug. You don't want incorrect diffs or webrevs
floating around when the true change is in the changeset.

-kto