Jalimo @ FOSDEM 'Free Java Meeting'

Tom Marble Tom.Marble at Sun.COM
Mon Nov 26 16:28:08 UTC 2007

Robert Schuster wrote:
> I have seen the request to participate with a talk at the 'Free Java
> Meeting' at FOSDEM'08[0]. I would like to do so and present JaLiMo which
> is a project which aims to bring a Java(-like) environment to
> Linux-based Mobile devices (hence the name :) ). Mobile in the sense of
> mobile phones, PDAs and internet tablets/UMPC.
> [...] every other distribution can benefit from our work,
> too. Oh, yes: Everything is free and open-source software. :)

This sounds like a great idea!  We will have representation from our
own phoneME team so having a part of the agenda on mobile open source Java
makes sense.  I see you are already on the wiki....  As we get closer
(and, of course, assuming we get formal approval for our DevRoom today :) )
we will try to schedule talks into specific time slots.

Thanks!

--Tom