IRC logging of #openjdk

Rob Ross rob.ross at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 00:30:40 UTC 2008

Interestingly enough, we had the same sort of experience with our
local Java study group. The idea was suggested that we record our
meetings as either a real-time web stream or for a video podcast. I
thought it was a great idea, because members that couldn't physically
make it might still be able to participate over the internet, and it
would be a great archive of our discussions, and hopefully attract
more people. But many others were uncomfortable with the idea, even
when we discussed just recording audio only. They felt it would
stifle their ability to speak freely.

So it's not an uncommon human reaction.

Rob