hg: jdk7/deploy: 185 new changesets

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Wed Jun 16 16:37:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 17:11 +0100, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> On 16 June 2010 17:00, Kelly O'Hair <kelly.ohair at oracle.com> wrote:
> > On Jun 16, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> >> So is this where you're putting the open-source plugin? ;-)
> >
> > It would be the right forest for such an effort, in my opinion, if the
> > effort
> > existed, however, I do not control what the deployment team works on. ;^)
> >
> > Was that weaselly enough wording? ;^)
> >
> Just about ;-)
>
> The effort is right here:
> http://icedtea.classpath.org/hg/icedtea6/file/tip/plugin/icedteanp/
> :-P

Now you are confusing me. Is this new deployment forest about the
release of the promised GPL webstart and applet plugin source code from
Sun (now Oracle)? To quote Joe Darcy:
http://blogs.sun.com/darcy/entry/openjdk_and_the_new_plugin

        "I'm happy to announce that within the next few months as part
        of OpenJDK, we are Sun are committed to open sourcing our Java
        Web Start implementation and the new plug-in implementation for
        NPAPI capable browsers; those browsers including Firefox 3,
        amongst others."

Or is this the forest that the free GPL IcedTea NP (netx plus
icedteaplugin) will be hosted in the future?

Thanks,

Mark