OpenJDK bug database: DRAFT Developer Workflow

Joe Darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Wed Dec 14 23:30:56 UTC 2011

Hi Omair,

On 12/14/2011 3:21 PM, Omair Majid wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> On 12/14/2011 02:28 PM, Joe Darcy wrote:
>> If a fixed state with URLs is decided upon, it would be convenient if
>> the Hg push hooks for the repositories automatically updated the bug
>> with the changeset URL.
>>

> I think useful information like this would be nice to have
> irrespective of whether we use a fixed state with URLs or not.

Yes, I tend to manually add a link to the changest URL for my own bugs.
I also often go a step further and include the text of the Hg patch in
an internal "Suggested fix" field or include a zip of the webrev as an
attachment to the  bug.

I prefer having some inline information about the contents of the fix
stored directly in the bug database to help long-term bug archeology
since the lifetime of the JDK bug system may be longer than the lifetime
of particular set of servers or URLs.

-Joe