OpenJDK Governing Board Minutes: 20011/4/21

Dr Andrew John Hughes gnu_andrew at member.fsf.org
Sun May 8 22:05:31 UTC 2011

On 8 May 2011 19:46, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Dr Andrew John Hughes
> <gnu_andrew at member.fsf.org> wrote:
>> Making it part of OpenJDK under the OCA also means contributing to Oracle's
>> proprietary products and this is why I personally would not make any
>> significant contribution
>> of work (as in complete new features like Mario mentions, rather than
>> fixes) to OpenJDK.
>
> This is silly. It is like saying one would never contribute code to
> Mozilla.org, because due to its original triple-licensing, your code
> would end up being part (and it did) of Netscape´s propietary
> products, Netscape 6.x - 7.1
> based on the Mozilla.org open source code.

Just because you don't agree with my personal choices does not make
them 'silly'.
I also personally wouldn't contribute to non-copyleft projects either,
something I already
made clear years ago when Apache Harmony started, so whatever you are trying to
imply with this comparison is flawed.

--
Andrew :-)

Support Free Java!
Contribute to GNU Classpath and IcedTea
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://icedtea.classpath.org

PGP Key: F5862A37 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EA30 D855 D50F 90CD F54D  0698 0713 C3ED F586 2A37