Successfully building 32- and 64-bit OpenJDK 8 on WinXP/64bit with free tools only

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 08:32:43 UTC 2011

Hi Sean,

looking at your error.log I think you have a different problem:

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\zhouyx\Desktop\j2sdk-image\j

re\bin\freetype.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

This means that freetype.dll was found, but another library which
freetype.dll is dependent on could not be located on the new system.

You can check with a tool like for example "DependencyWalker"
(http://www.dependencywalker.com/) on which other libraries
freetype.dll is dependent on. As far as I can see on my system, the
dependencies are not exceptional:

t:\sapjvm_dev\d046063\j2sdk-image\jre\bin\FREETYPE.DLL
|-->c:\windows\system32\KERNEL32.DLL
      |-->c:\windows\system32\NTDLL.DLL

Hope this helps,
Volker