Project proposal: Penrose

Tim Ellison t.p.ellison at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 14:11:14 UTC 2012

On 10/01/2012 21:24, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 07/01/2012 22:08, Tim Ellison wrote:
>> :
>> I agree Alan, but as you say, there is no OSGi implementation at
>> OpenJDK we can use to conduct the whole story here; so the proposal is
>> to prototype the Jigsaw changes required, and provide a forum for
>> collaboration with the broader community including OSGi projects.
>>
>> I believe we can attract OSGi implementers to participate and do 'the
>> other side' of the prototyping elsewhere - but we need to have the
>> Jigsaw side too and that is the only part I can ask OpenJDK members to
>> approve.
>>
>> If you have some other ideas about how to achieve the requirement it
>> would be good to hear them.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tim
> The proposed project is clearly important and welcome. As OpenJDK group
> lead for the core-libs group, I support the creation of this project.
> I'm also happy to seek sponsorship from the core-libs group for this
> project.

Thanks Alan.

Is there a typo there?  As core-libs Group Lead your declaration of
sponsorship is sufficient (see Step 0 of [1]).  Where are you seeking
additional sponsorship?

Thanks to those who expressed support already.  Again, if anyone would
like to be listed as a supporter or committer just speak up and I'll
include you in the proposal.

I'll start to prepare the formal proposal as the next step.

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project

Regards,
Tim