Project proposal: Penrose

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed Jan 11 15:15:12 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 14:11, Tim Ellison wrote:
> :
> Thanks Alan.
>
> Is there a typo there?  As core-libs Group Lead your declaration of
> sponsorship is sufficient (see Step 0 of [1]).  Where are you seeking
> additional sponsorship?
In the bylaws, under Projects, it reads:

"Any Contributor may propose the creation of a new Project. If supported
by at least one Group Lead, whose Group will Sponsor the Project, and
approved by a Lazy Consensus of the OpenJDK Members, then the Project
will be created."

I mis-read this to mean you needed a troika (and I think in the interim
guidelines that a group needed to vote to sponsor a project).  Sorry for
confusion.  So I think you are all set to put the motion to a vote of
members.

-Alan.