CFV: New Project: PowerPC/AIX Port

Simonis, Volker volker.simonis at sap.com
Wed May 16 08:42:32 UTC 2012

Hi David,

I hope you are not right. I've sent the CFV to the announce list as requested in [1].
However the announce list is a moderated list and I could not influence the fact that
the mail which was finally posted to the subscribers of the list had the "reply-to" field
set to the discuss list.

This was confusing for me as well, but after looking at the previous CFVs (i.e. "Code Tools",
"Graal", "Penrose") I realized that they were all run in this way. Moreover [2] ultimately
suggests that the votes should be sent to the discuss list, so I suppose that inserting the
"reply-to" field into the CFV's is just a courtesy of the announce list moderator (you should
probably ask Mark for the details because he runs the list).

So I think for now, until nobody else corrects me, it is unnecessary for anybody to re-send
their votes.

With best regards,
Volker

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-propose