heap size -xms and -xmx definition on a per-app basis in manifest file?

Debasish Ray Chawdhuri debasish.raychawdhuri at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 07:50:35 UTC 2012

The problem with eclipse is that it's not a single jar deployment, nor
is the same version usable on all platform (separate download for each
environment). What eclipse is doing is simply writing a script to set
the JVM parameters, just its a little more complex and written in a
compiled language. Since there is already an option to specify the
default-class, it can be assumed that running the app from a single
jar was an intended behavior. Its like saying - you can run an app
from a single jar, but only if it can run with the default memory
settings (which is of course not guaranteed to be the same on all
platforms). What's the point of giving a half-way feature?

--
Debasish Ray Chawdhuri
http://www.geekyarticles.com/