What's the status of the new OpenJDK Bug System?

mark.reinhold at oracle.com mark.reinhold at oracle.com
Wed Jul 3 16:55:27 UTC 2013

2013/7/3 3:24 -0500, volker.simonis at gmail.com:
> Hi Mark,
>
> if I remember your talk at FOSDEM 2013 right (unfortunately there are
> now slides available) you mentioned (of course under the full Oracle
> disclaimers in place :) that it is Oracle plan to release the new
> OpenJDK Wiki by April and the new OpenJDK bug tracker by June/July
> 2013.
>
> While the Wiki is operational now (which I consider a big success) I
> would like to ask what's the current state of the new OpenJDK Bug
> System?

We're still working on it, and still aiming to deliver it in the next
month or so.

>         In my infinite naivety I thought that now after the release of
> Java 8 has been postponed there must be a lot of free resources
> available for such infrastructure tasks :)

As I've said before, making the bug system publicly available is less
a question of resources than it is of working through all the required
Oracle-internal approvals.  We're pushing those along as fast as we
possibly can.

- Mark