Cannot install JDK7 update on machine with JDK8 EA installed

Oliver Gierke ogierke at vmware.com
Fri Mar 8 20:33:06 UTC 2013

I installed JDK8 preview installer (Build 76) from this location: http://jdk8.java.net/download.html (actual links hidden behind some JavaScript, the current version is B80). I then realized that build 76 != lambda build 76, grabbed the lambda TAR ball (also B76) and replaced the contents at the location the default B76 installer had put Java 8.

Here are a few other things that keep me puzzled:

This page (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-se-jdk-7-download-432154.html) points me to a different page (http://jdk7.java.net/macportpreview/) for a JDK 7 download. This page in turn only lists 7u12. Neither a 7u15 nor 7u17 you mentioned. Where did you get those from?

Cheers,
Ollie

--
/**