Are JBS' policies flexible enough to welcome the JavaFX community?

Chris Newland cnewland at chrisnewland.com
Mon Apr 20 12:17:47 UTC 2015

On Mon, April 20, 2015 09:55, Mario Torre wrote:

> Somebody should perhaps consider to join the Adoption group (I think
> this would be the appropriate place) and use this as a way to fill the gap?
>

> Cheers,
> Mario

Hi Mario,

What do you think the role of this "link person" would be?

I'm not a Member (capital M) of any OpenJDK projects but I'd be happy to
collect bugs and feature requests and promote OpenJFX at hackdays and
within the London Java Community where most of the Adoption group are
active.

I think that to address the feedback gap once the OpenJFX JIRA goes away
we will also need a technical solution. Personally I would find the
following feature set useful:

* Forum for discussion
* Open for reading, create account to post
* Tracks JBS and can provide notifications on updates
* Ability to tick webrevs from cr.openjdk.java.net and build them in a CI
to produce overlay builds for easy testing

Would anyone else find that useful?

Cheers,

Chris