Are JBS' policies flexible enough to welcome the JavaFX community?

Mario Torre neugens at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 10:02:59 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 13:17 +0100, Chris Newland wrote:
> On Mon, April 20, 2015 09:55, Mario Torre wrote:
>
> > Somebody should perhaps consider to join the Adoption group (I think
> > this would be the appropriate place) and use this as a way to fill the gap?
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Mario
> >

> Hi Mario,
>
> What do you think the role of this "link person" would be?
>
> I'm not a Member (capital M) of any OpenJDK projects but I'd be happy to
> collect bugs and feature requests and promote OpenJFX at hackdays and
> within the London Java Community where most of the Adoption group are
> active.
>
> I think that to address the feedback gap once the OpenJFX JIRA goes away
> we will also need a technical solution. Personally I would find the
> following feature set useful:
>
> * Forum for discussion
> * Open for reading, create account to post
> * Tracks JBS and can provide notifications on updates
> * Ability to tick webrevs from cr.openjdk.java.net and build them in a CI
> to produce overlay builds for easy testing
>
> Would anyone else find that useful?

Hi Chris,

Looks like a good list, ultimately it depends on the needs of the
OpenJFX community but this seems a great starting point.

The link person (or person*s*) should probably take care of the
triaging, be the ones who collect the bugs and file them upstream,
etc...

This is what the downstream OpenJDK bugs maintainer do, and if OpenJFX
gets integrated into OpenJDK (which I hope will happen soon!), we can
see more and more help from the Linux community in that regard. Mac and
Windows communities should offer something similar, a triaging group is
the way to go in my opinion.

Cheers,
Mario