RFC for future/ enhancement of java.lang.String - was Fwd: [Yaml-core] encoding and content in YML files

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Dec 21 11:39:23 UTC 2015

I recently discovered that Apple's Swift programming language handles
this very nicely - Character instances are actually "grapheme
clusters" - this is how it should be. Perl 6 seems to be heading in
the direction of grapheme competency too.

I updated the Javadoc to mention and link to these, and added lots of
internal hyperlinks to Unicode glossary and other links too.

Regards,
Zenaan