Is Java WebStart Deprecated?

Donald Smith donald.smith at oracle.com
Thu Nov 9 17:48:17 UTC 2017

Hi Thierry,

I know the line gets blurry as myself and others will sometimes answer
Oracle JDK specific questions here, but this is an OpenJDK specific list
and why Mario answers from that POV.

As a consumer of Oracle JDK/JRE binaries, the best place to send
feedback is java.com/report.

As per the mentioned release notes, we plan to remove it in an upcoming
release, but it's still TBD.  As per our Support Road Map page[1], the
Oracle JDK 8 deployment is the only supported and recommended deployment
stack at this time.

  - Don

[1] - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html