Accelerating the JDK release cadence

Stuart Monteith stuart.monteith at linaro.org
Mon Sep 18 15:10:35 UTC 2017

This is a welcome development. One of my wishes, working on Aarch64, would
be for all architectures to be at parity on release. With open
build-and-test infrastructure, and the more frequent releases, this looks
far more achievable. In the worst case, a well maintained architecture
would be 6 months behind. In that scenario I wonder whether different
architectures would have different ideas of long-term-support releases.

Will there ever be a JDK 9u? The update releases are normally created soon
after a major release.

Best regards,
   Stuart