graal and jdk8

Venkatachalam, Vasanth Vasanth.Venkatachalam at amd.com
Wed Feb 13 13:24:25 PST 2013

Okay, I updated and got the fixes. I’m seeing a new set of errors when I build with JDK-8.
Here are a few snippets. I’ve attached the entire error log for reference.

/home/tester/vasanth/graal/graal/graal/com.oracle.graal.nodes/src/com/oracle/graal/nodes/java/InstanceOfNode.java:35: error: reference to LogicNode is ambiguous
public final class InstanceOfNode extends LogicNode implements Canonicalizable, Lowerable, Virtualizable {
                                          ^
  both class com.oracle.graal.nodes.calc.LogicNode in com.oracle.graal.nodes.calc and class com.oracle.graal.nodes.LogicNode in com.oracle.graal.nodes match

/home/tester/vasanth/graal/graal/graal/com.oracle.graal.nodes/src/com/oracle/graal/nodes/java/InstanceOfNode.java:104: error: incompatible types: LogicConstantNode cannot be converted to LogicNode
            return LogicConstantNode.contradiction(graph());

/home/tester/vasanth/graal/graal/graal/com.oracle.graal.nodes/src/com/oracle/graal/nodes/java/InstanceOfDynamicNode.java:48: error: constructor LogicNode in class LogicNode cannot be applied to given types;
    public InstanceOfDynamicNode(ValueNode mirror, ValueNode object) {
                                                                     ^