Truffle repository conversion

Jaroslav Tulach jaroslav.tulach at oracle.com
Fri Jul 3 07:07:54 UTC 2015

On Thursday, July 02, 2015 09:37:21 PM Raffaello Giulietti wrote:
> How long would that take: a couple of days, a couple of weeks?

Yeah, that is something I'd like to know as well. I'd like to work on the
javadoc generating infrastructure, but I don't want to interfere with Andreas
changes.

> Shall I follow Andreas advice and "wait for the dust to settle" before
> retrying?

Well, I think Andreas message does not apply to your case...

> on Win7 the build fails immediately, even on a freshly cloned repo
> (changeset 1ff1575f1350)

There is no changeset 1ff1575f1350 in
http://lafo.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/hg/truffle/

> C:\dev\OpenJDK\graal\graal\graal\com.oracle.graal.compiler.common\src\com\or
> acle\graal\compiler\common\util\Util.java:28: error: package

There is even no com.oracle.graal.compiler.common in the Truffle repository.
Andreas was talking about ...

> > we've recently moved Truffle to a separate repository as announced
> > earlier.

...the new Truffle repository (e.g. http://lafo.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/hg/truffle/), you seem to be working in a Graal repository.

Thus I think your problem is not related to Andreas's work.
-jt