different outline window in IGV

Christian Wimmer christian.wimmer at oracle.com
Thu Aug 31 05:02:33 UTC 2017

The best (but of course reasonably complex) example for custom
compilations is Truffle. When you look at code like the class
TruffleCompiler, you see how a custom StructuredGraph is created (using
the PartialEvaluator class), compiled using the standard Graal
compilation pipeline (but with some custom providers like a more
aggressive constant folding of field loads), and installed into the VM's
code cache.

I think our version of JDK 8 is easier for experiments compared to Java
9 because you don't run in any module issues, and it is also our main
development platform. When you run "mx ideinit", you get all the IDE
setup for Eclipse, NetBeans, or IntelliJ (including the correct setup of
the projects to include the JVMCI classes).

-Christian