Problem building graal on x86

Doug Simon doug.simon at oracle.com
Thu Jan 12 18:09:46 UTC 2017

> On 12 Jan 2017, at 18:51, Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> I'm still getting:
>

>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: superinterface check failed: class org.graalvm.compiler.api.runtime.GraalJVMCICompiler (in module org.graalvm.compiler.graal_core) cannot access class jdk.vm.ci.runtime.JVMCICompiler (in module jdk.vm.ci) because module jdk.vm.ci does not export jdk.vm.ci.runtime to module org.graalvm.compiler.graal_core
>
> even with a b148 build.
>
> I'll go back to b143 and see what happens.

Sorry, I should have stated the currently supported JDK9 build is b143[1] but was in a workspace where I’m trying to update Graal to support the latest JDK9 bits when I sent the earlier mail.

> I guess there's a possibility that I'll have to figure out to fix Jigsaw-
> caused bugs.

The latest jigsaw refresh has caused quite some issues for Graal compatibility. So unless you have lots of spare time, I’d recommend sticking with b143 and wait until I complete the work mentioned above.

-Doug

[1] https://github.com/graalvm/graal-core/blob/949f9d4ead04f657232346bb4a3f76c8206c02df/graal/org.graalvm.compiler.hotspot/src/org/graalvm/compiler/hotspot/JVMCIVersionCheck.java#L43