Epsilon + Graal

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Mon Apr 15 09:59:34 UTC 2019

On 4/11/19 8:33 PM, Doug Simon wrote:
>> Oh, that's nice. So, can I develop the change in jdk/jdk, and then PR the Graal subset of it
>> to oracle/graal github? That would definitely work better for my workflow. Is there a way to
>> run Graal unit tests from jdk/jdk?
>
> Yes, although I’ve never mastered it. There is test/hotspot/jtreg/compiler/graalunit/README.md.
> I’m not sure complete or up to date it is. I’ve cc’ed Katya who may be able to help with any
> missing info.
Seems to work like this:

 $ mkdir graal-test-libs
 $ cd graal-test-libs
 $ wget (JARs mentioned in README.md)
 $ cd ..

 $ sh ./configure ... --with-graalunit-lib=graal-test-libs/
 $ make run-test TEST=compiler/graalunit TEST_VM_OPTS="-XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions
-XX:+EnableJVMCI -XX:+UseJVMCICompiler -Djvmci.Compiler=graal"

With one little wrinkle:

-Aleksey