Crash in C2 with 7u2b13

Tom Rodriguez tom.rodriguez at oracle.com
Wed Jan 4 10:30:08 PST 2012

On Jan 4, 2012, at 9:46 AM, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:

> Ok, the second user to report it started up the same application on a
> fastdebug build...and it didn't even boot all the way before crashing.
> Here's the log output:
>
> https://gist.github.com/935107b210befb41812a

That makes some sense.  That looks a bit like 7094138 which is fixed in hs23 which will be 7u4.  That may explain the later crash during compilation though there's no guarantee.  Stale oops can lead to almost any kind of crash.  They could try testing with the latest 1.8 to confirm that there aren't other issues.  The fix should have appeared in 1.8b15 and we're on b19 now.

tom