RFR(trivial): JDK-8224568: minimal and zero build fails after JDK-8213084

Schmidt, Lutz lutz.schmidt at sap.com
Wed May 22 15:37:28 UTC 2019

Hi all,

sorry for reacting only with delay.

I agree with Aleksey's idea to unconditionally set _show_bytes=false.

The platform-specific initialization has become far less important - if not obsolete. It is now possible to toggle _show_bytes via -XX:PrintAssemblyOptions=show_bytes.

Thanks for fixing this!

Regards,
Lutz

On 22.05.19, 16:19, "Aleksey Shipilev" <shade at redhat.com> wrote:

    On 5/22/19 10:41 AM, Ao Qi wrote:
    > JBS:
    >
    > Webrev:
    > http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aoqi/8224568/webrev.00/

    Header addition looks trivial and good.

    Rewiring platform-specific ifdefs raises a lot of questions (mostly to the original patch): since we
    are always defining to the same value, why do we even have platform-specific defines there? Also,
    that means that new platform would break without new platform-specific block there. I think we are
    better off just dropping the platform-specific defines and just unconditionally set _show_bytes=false.

    Lutz, please advise here.

    -Aleksey