JEP 248: Make G1 the Default Garbage Collector

Stefan Johansson stefan.johansson at oracle.com
Wed Jun 10 12:16:44 UTC 2015

Hi Ben,

I read your statement below as you're good with us moving forward and
targeting the JEP for JDK 9, but that you want to stress that we need to
spend time on verifying that G1 is ready to be the default. I understand
your concern and it is great to hear that you and others in the
community are willing to help with this work.

Thanks,
Stefan