RFR: 8154110: Update class* and safepoint* logging subsystems

Ioi Lam ioi.lam at oracle.com
Wed Apr 27 08:32:57 UTC 2016

On 4/26/16 6:13 PM, David Holmes wrote:
> On 27/04/2016 10:21 AM, Ioi Lam wrote:
>> The changes look good to me.
>>
>> I think each line of the "constraints" prints only one item (?). If so,
>> we should use the singular form. (Max, could you post a sample output
>> from -Xlog?)
>
> The point is that it shows all the constraints.

We currently have a mix-match of singular/plural forms in the log tags:

singular:
   LOG_TAG(alloc)
   LOG_TAG(region)

plural:
   LOG_TAG(defaultmethods)

Sometimes whether to use an (s) can be a personal preference. However,
the poor user would need to try 2^n times to get the right combination
of (s) or (no s), and that's too much.

- Ioi