RFR: 8168503 JEP 297: Unified arm32/arm64 Port

Bob Vandette bob.vandette at oracle.com
Mon Dec 5 15:23:50 UTC 2016

> On Dec 2, 2016, at 8:04 PM, Vladimir Kozlov <vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> hi Bob,
>
> I would suggest to have separate webrevs for different repositories because different groups should look on them.

There are only 3 non hotspot files and they are on top.  Forwarding to build-dev for their review.

> For example, top repository and makefiles changes should be also reviewed on build-dev at openjdk.java.net
>
> Why do you need cahnges in SA libproc.h?

The cross compilation toolchains we use do not define user_regs_struct or user_pt_regs.

I just looked again and there is a definition of struct user_regs in user.h.  I might be able to change the code to:

#if defined(arm) || defined(arm64)
#define user_regs_struct user_regs
#endif

This change would result  in the exact same declaration based on the number of registers
derived from the structure in user.h.

Bob.